Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Sunday at Schnepf Farms


My little family and my whole world! Love my boys!
 With Halloween approaching and the arrival of my Grandma Dove from Michigan (Porter's Great Grandma or 'GG" as we call her) and my Aunt's parents Gary and Hally from WI, we decided to take the whole family out to Schnepf Farms this Sunday.  Schnepf Farms is a local farm that has been around for 100+ years and now is still a working farm, but also a play place to go for families.  They have a train, small rides, pig races, old timey stores, sweet shops and seasonal stuff, like now, they have a pumpkin patch.
Porter reaching for the BIG pumpkin!

So us 8 adults took the 3 kids to check it out. We had so much fun.  I love my family and I especially like a return to a more family centered Sunday.  That is kind of how I grew up.  We all stuck close to home, we all had a big dinner, relaxed and prepared for the week ahead.  I like that tradition.  It is a nice way to start a week off. I am hoping to continue that with Porter and our children.  I like the connectedness our family has, I feel very lucky to have family members that double as my best friends too.

Anyway, I digress.  Porter had a blast.  I know that he is young, but he really liked getting out in the fresh air, watching all the people, watching his cousins and getting spoiled by his GG.  We ate burgers, had homemade old fashioned lemonade, did the corn maze, train ride and lots of other activities.  We sat in the pumpkin patch and took pictures.  It was a really great way to spend a family day.  We are so busy in our lives, that it is hard to all get together on the same day.  It was a great way to celebrate fall with the family!


The Cousin Crew..... Macy, Madyls and P-man

Pilot in training

Tennis Ball Launch



The girls... Aggie, Hally, GG (holding Madelyn), me, Kristen and Macy Rose

I have no make up on people......

Our OTHER family, Porter's godparents and cousins

passed out for nap time, Neil added the pumpkin

this pic is funny for lot of reasons, this is Madyls' "fake" smile, Porter just woke up from a nap crying and Macy is in la la land!


Train Ride


Racing.... I lost.... terribly......


I love him. so so so so so so much. Look at that face!



3 comments:

  1. Porter just gets cuter and cuter! I'm glad you guys had so much fun... It looks like a blast. And the weather here has been SO awesome- I bet that made the day feel even more fall-like... Maybe Lily would like to go, I should see about taking her, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily would love it! We may even go again! They have face-painting, rides, pumpkins.... kind of expensive, but we got advance discount tickets at Fry's. I think it is worth it, I hope they do something for Christmas too, next time we go plz join us and will be a big, fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds/looks awesome (I just went tot he website to check it out)... I worry that I wouldn't have the energy for that kind of activity right now, or even right after Margot comes, but we'll see. It would make an awesome family date night for us and I love, love, love fall weather!

    ReplyDelete