Saturday, October 23, 2010

Baby Wearing and My Newest Obsession!

I love baby wearing.  I really do.  It was a new concept for me, but I really embraced it.  I started with a Moby wrap, which is great for little babies and switched to the more convenient ring sling.  I still sling Porter when I am shopping sometimes and it is so easy.  He just chills out and looks around.  I think he likes being eye to eye with people, or closer, that is.  I think baby wearing will SAVE me when I have a second baby. It is the only way I got a lot of cleaning, laundry and house stuff done with Porter as a little baby.  Just strap them close to you and off you go! They like being in that close contact and the wraps make it comfortable. I try to stick with more natural products.  Items like Baby Bjorns and Infantino slings can be detrimental to developing joints. 

As Porter has gotten bigger and the weather cooler, I want to take up hiking as a family activity.  Since many trails are too bumpy for a stroller, I am DYING to get a Ergo.  They are sturdier, do back carries easily and good for bigger babies.  I especially like this one.  The Ergo Performance Carrier (in spring green of course:) that is made to be more sporty and good for outdoor/active events.  Too bad it comes with a $120.00 price tag! Eeek! I have been stalking Craigslist, but no luck.  The good thing is, if I do make the investment, it will last through several babies.  Cute huh??


ERGObaby spring green performance carrier in action      ERGObaby spring green performance carrier baby carrier

2 comments:

  1. I have a sling, and a Baby K'Tan (the same as a Moby Wrap, but sized so that you don't have to have all the extra fabric). We are getting an Ergo, too. We got enough gift cards that we are able to, so I am super excited! I hope I love baby wearing. I will know who to talk to if I run into any glitches.

    (PS All the girls in my small group at church have Ergos and they totally swear by them. You can sometimes get them cheaper on Craigslist or at a consignment store if you want to go that route.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I was going to get a Black on on CL yesterday and by the time I finished with Porter's 9 mo well baby checkup (we had it a little early!) it was sold! Boo. I may make the investment in the new one, the performance one. And when baby number 2 comes, I told Neil I would really like a Mei Tai, so then I'd have both. He agreed cause we won't need as much with the second one so my list it short!

    I was really confused with baby earing at first, but once you practice, it is really eay. I love Ring Slings for that, super, super easy when you just need something quick. I got into it a bit later, but all my friends swear by them too!

    I just cannot wait you and Joanna to have your babies! I need a lil, lil baby fix! I already getting the itch to have another one. Being a mom is so great!

    ReplyDelete