Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Gallery Walls

I have grand ambitions for a lot of things around our house. I am getting the itch to paint and do more decorating than I have. And a new color scheme.... I have something in mind for every room. Sigh. Hopefully I will get there bit by bit in 2012. I am all about the DIY. Just gotta rope the hubby in for some projects (he is running away as he reads this I am sure).

First, I really want to do a gallery wall. I wanna do one up our staircase and above our couch. They are all the rage now and so neat. I have all the frames, I just need to do it.... but I have no Earthly clue where to begin! They are harder than you would think to line up and get together. It gives me anxiety so I stop before I start but I just LOVE them. And how do I get the right mix of frames and styles and make it look effortless?


I may paint some frames and I want to wait for our new pictures but this is a task I hope to accomplish. Has anyone ever done something like this?? Tips, trick or opinions? I am afraid my spacing will be off and I am OCD about that stuff and I will have to start all over. But, I cannot wait to display our new family pictures and I want to finally put some of our wedding pictures up. I think I will have to just bite the bullet and try it.

2 comments:

  1. We have a gallery wall up our stairs in this house, and we had one in Arizona. I can send you some posts I read that helped. I'm getting ready to do a gallery wall with a photo ledge as an "anchor" in our dining room. Just gotta make a trip to Ikea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a gallery wall in our dining room. My friend Laura helped me with it... I made the mistake of buying over $200 worth of frames at JoAnn's before I ever considered thrifting cool frames and painting them. I am working on our master bedroom wall, and using a bunch of different frames in there that I was able to thrift instead of buying frames and mats full price. You live, you learn... Good luck! Post some photos when you're done!

    ReplyDelete