Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Kids Room Update

I have been a furious nester this last couple months. In my defense, we moved into our house in a rush, unpacked in a rush and never really settled in. My home is important to me. I like everything just so and painted and decorated. Yeah, thats right, I hang stuff. But so far, there has been no time and even less funds for a home makeover.

But, I bargain shopped, planned and made the kids room come together! It was fairly inexpensive. Some paint, my Craigslist finds and some gifts from Grandma Helen and we came together nicely. I am IN LOVE with my childrens room. In love. It is my favorite spot in the house. The colors are perfect and cheery. I think it is perfect for them to share.

I am about 80% done. My hubby needs to put up some white chair rail and I need to get Scarlett's red bedding. I *think* I have my hubby convinced to paint the crib white too, since we have the paint and will only cost us man power. I can touch up the base boards and door trim too. I bought inexpensive, bright frames from Ikea and want to do a gallery wall and hang some Very Hungry Caterpillar prints that Grandma Helen just bought them. I think it came out just smashing. These are some progression pictures I took on my phone. I will snap some better ones when we are complete!


1 comment:

  1. It's really coming together! I can't wait to see it all finished.

    I want to do a Hungry Caterpillar bathroom for our kids. I'm just waiting for the shower curtain to go on sale at PBKids.

    Where did you get your prints from? On my pinterest, I found some cute crafts that you can make with your kids hands and feet. Mike's going to help me do Deb's little feet like a butterfly next week. :)

    ReplyDelete