Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What a difference a year (ish) can make!

Today was our first day off as a family in South Carolina and the weather was perfect for the zoo.  So we loaded up the kids and away we went.  The Riverbanks Zoo is one of my most favorite places in Columbia.  There is an incredible Botanical Garden attached to it and everything is so organic and natural looking.  Today was a hit and both kids were amazing (and by amazing I mean less than 10 Porter I'm-two-years-old-meltdowns).  I got home to upload the pictures onto my mother in laws computer and remembered I did the same upload the first time I visited the zoo! So I made a quick collage in Picasa of some shots of Porter then and now next to the same bronze orangutan. Sniff..... my baby certainly has grown up.


some other zoo faves........

Gorgeous Botanical Gardens


Holding Daddy's hand tight on the tram.  So sweet.


One of a couple two year old freakouts

Buggy Lou sleeping on my back in her Mei Tai


Feeding Giraffes



Hippe Playhouse. Love it.

Zoo wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment